VRC Privacy Statement
USER PRIVACY STATEMENT
Effective Date: May 31st 2018
The Veterinary Relief Company (The VRC; The Relief Team) collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. If you reside in the United States, the Services are provided by The Veterinary Relief Company, LLC and its U.S. affiliates (collectively “The Relief Team.”), and this Privacy Statement applies to information collected and used by The Relief Team.
Scope and Application
This Privacy Statement (“Statement") applies to persons worldwide who use our apps or Services to obtain independent subcontractors for temporary employment (“User Hospitals”). This Statement also applies to information we collect from or about those who seek and contract work through our Services (“Relief Workers”). If you interact with the Services as both a User Hospital and a Relief Worker, the respective privacy statements apply to your different interactions.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, mailing address, profile picture, payment method, items requested (for delivery services), delivery notes, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and verions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Hospital Users and Relief Workers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive messaging data including the date and time of the message, the parties’ email address, and the content of the message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Important Information About Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. These platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. These platforms may alert you the first time The VRC app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Otherwise your use of the app constitutes your consent. Sometimes these permissions require more explanation than the platforms themselves provide, and the permissions we request will change over time. The VRC may create pages to serve as authoritative and up-to-date resources for our members.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your VRC account with a payment provider (e.g., Google Wallet) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- When you contract Services, you are asked to provide us with a Member rating, via survey, after (i) providing services to you (User Hospitals) or (ii) services ae provided by you (Relief Workers).
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Relief Worker or Hospital User of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a Relief Team Member.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to User Hospitals and Relief Workers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between User Hospitals and Relief Workers, such as scheduled work dates, or (ii) between Relief Team Member and the VRC, such as mailing payment to current address provided.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and any The Relief Team events and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Through Our Services
We may share your information:
- With Relief Team Members to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name, member profile, photo (if you provide one), average Member rating, location and business hours.
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate
Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With The VRC subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Member agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Veterinary relief Company or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to delete your account, please log into your VRC account and contact support through your member Dashboard. Deletion can also be accomplished by contacting Admin via email at Admin@TheVeterinaryReliefCompany.com. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
The Veterinary Relief Company will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. The Android platform does not provide such a setting.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Your Privacy Rights
Members may request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. The Relief Team does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, apps, online media, and advertisements that are used to remember your browser or device during and across website visits. We also utilize other technologies that may identify you or the devices you use. For example, “pixel tags” (also called beacons) are small blocks of code installed on (or called by) a webpage, app, or advertisement which can retrieve certain information about your device and browser, including for example: device type, operating system, browser type and version, website visited, time of visit, referring website, IP address, advertising identifiers, and other similar information, including the small text file (the cookie) that uniquely identifies the device. Pixels provide the means by which third parties can set and read browser cookies from a domain that they do not themselves operate and collect information about visitors to that domain, typically with the permission of the domain owner.
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. However, they are an important part of how our Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser which are usually located within the "Help" or “Preferences” menu.
Changes to the Statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, you may submit your questions to Info@TheVeterinaryReliefCompany.com, or write us at:
The Veterinary Relief Company, LLC
341 South Third St
Columbus, Ohio, 43215